Thursday, March 3, 2011

WIP- Part II

I have new neighbor!

FYI, my next-door neighbor started their construction a week earlier than us. Unfortunately, we still have no chance meeting the owner yet (my neighbor). We used to visit the site when we're free (is about 5 -8mins from our current location). We did notice that there are a few more construction to be going on, however, till now still they haven't start yet !(Awaiting building license,perhaps?) At this stage, only the two of us commencing the construction...

I received a letter from our builder that we need to attend 4 meetings during the construction:
- Brickwork Meeting
- Ceramic Tiler Meeting
- First Practical Completion Inspection
- Final Completion Inspection 
 
Hopefully, we could move in before summer. Normally, it took about 6-months to complete the construction! From the estimation time length, it should be in August 2011. We could take a month for preparation (e.g. painting, flower/ grass planting and etc) as August is "Ghost Festival" (July in Chinese calendar). Anyway, we will see how it goes. Perhaps, it might complete sooner. Who KNOWS?

In the meantime, of course, I will definitely calculating/budgeting for the new house (surveying for furniture and electrical appliance) I did show this to Angie. Maybe I should share it with you too!


Before that, I have been visiting shops (IKEA and other furniture shops) but can't really find the ONE. Therefore, I decided to check out from ebay website and finally I saw this! The problem is now I have no place to keep it (currently, I'm just renting a room!) I wish they could keep that in their depot until my house is ready. Unfortunately, they are only able to keep that for a month. I'm thinking of renting a small container- still awaiting their reply :)

What do you think of?