Wednesday, December 9, 2009

さようなら (read as "Sayonara")

I started using Mozilla Firefox ever since I'm in Australia! I was unable to access the websites using IE and so did my housemates! However, both of us were able to access them by Firefox. In the year of 2006, I still remembered the first time using Firefox, it SUCKS! At last,  in the year of 2009 May, a total transformed from IE to Firefox.

To uninstall IE:
For IE 6 : Control Panel-Add/Remove Programs- Add/Remove Window Components(Left Pane)- unchecked IE- OK-Apply and for IE 7/8: Control Panel- Add/Remove Programs- Windows IE7/8- Remove.


What about the Regedit (Registry Editor)? Anyway, here's the step to get rid of IE from the Regedit!
Step 1: key-in "regedit" from RUN command
Step 2: Search from Hkey_local_machine\Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{89820200-ECBD-11CF-8B85-00AA005B4383}
Step 3: Change the value of IsInstalled (REG-DWORD) from 1 to 0(zero)
Step 4: Restart the computer to take effect!