Thursday, August 4, 2011

'Butter' cake recipe

Ingredients:
125g cream cheese block
125g butter, softened

* 1 cup of castor sugar (I'm using white or granualated sugar)
3 eggs
2.5 cup self-raising flour
2/3 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (optional)


Method:
1. Preheat oven 180°C fan-forced.
2. Using electric mixer, cream cheese, butter and caster sugar in a medium bowl on medium high-speed
until light and fluffy.
3. Add 1 egg at a time, beating to combine. Add half the flour and milk, stir to combine. Repeat with remaining flour and milk.
4. Spread mixture into pan.
5. Bake for an hour until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Leave it on the pan with door ajar.


Note:
- Supposed it's a butter cake receipe, but I'm not a true fans of butter cake. That's the reason I made some 'adjustment' with the original recipe.
- As I don't have vanilla essence @ home, so that's optional to me! (it might taste even better with the vanilla I guess)