Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Something new to you & me!

We have a big window in our bedroom and we had been considering of installing a roller shutter. By installing the roller shutter, it will help:
i) increasing the home's security
ii) reduce heat transfer in and out 
iii) block out noise and light

Since yesterday I was not working, I thought of getting someone to quote me on that. I just submitted the web-form "request for quote" from their website and someone will buzzing me later on. In the late afternoon, I finally received a call from one of them, asking me whether I'm available in the evening. 

At about 4.30pm, the guy arrived and I thought he will be measuring the window and straightaway provided me the quote. Who knows? He wanted to present his company's' roller shutter before quoting. Luckily, my husband was around to 'entertain' him. Guess what? He is advertiser manager- main purpose is to hang his company banner at our backyard (because our backyard is facing main road) and of course,to have this business work (only he was allowed to hang that). At first, the price were so unreasonable (my face impression showed all and he realized it), wanting me to wait for another quotation!

Both of us could see that he's really making hard to wanting to have this business working - attempted to call his manager but his manager couldn't work out the price we offered. They then offered a new price and we decided to lock his price (on the spot, we called our friend seeking for second opinion) 

Perhaps some of you might not know what's a roller shutter? The picture below tells all....
(picture source: google search)